Asset Tracking Product Overview
View RAM’s short video to discover how you could gain better control over your organisation’s valuable assets, reduce losses and theft and store essential asset information.
RAM's asset tracking software provides real time visibility over your asset register. Having access to vital information such as the exact location and status of your assets when you need it, is crucial for minimising loss, improving customer service and better managing your business operations.
RAM’s software can allow your business to monitor your assets 24/7 to:
- Reduce operational costs by increasing asset visibility
- Input events throughout an asset’s lifecycle, detailing acquisitions, disposals, transfers and issues/returns
- Store files and documents such as letters, emails, purchase orders, invoices, photographs, etc that are linked to asset records and location
- Record GPS co-ordinates when the assets are scanned and view location on Google Maps™
- Improve security – continuous tracking if stolen
- Import/Export Data to Microsoft Excel™, Microsoft Word™ or to PDF format
- Integrate with RAM’s mobile asset tracking app to enable rapid asset verification, disposals and acquisitions
- Lower insurance premiums through the use of a specialist tracking solution
Designed for use in any commercial or public sector business, RAM’s mobile app enables the comprehensive tracking of all assets across the business on a daily basis. Manage the assignment of assets to employees, vendors or customers to ensure no assets get misplaced.
The issue function allows the assignment of an asset and complete management of its timely return. Each time an issue transaction is processed, an audit record is created in the system providing full visibility and accountability of the asset’s use. Assets can even be reserved prior to use to ensure speedy collection.
Whether an educational establishment loaning equipment to students, a hospital booking out care equipment to patients or a commercial business tracking the reservation and temporary issue of a central repository of assets to employees, RAM’s app will allow you to:
- Reduce the loss or theft of portable assets
- Improve the utilisation of assets by enabling colleagues to click and reserve the assets that they need
- Monitor changes in asset condition, which can be updated each time the asset is loaned or returned
- Identify unused equipment, or equipment in short supply through the software’s utilisation reports
- Automatically chase overdue/not-returned equipment through active email workflows, reducing the time spent waiting for assets to be returned
- Record a signature on issue and return of the item to improve accountability. Reports showing asset wastage can include ‘last loan signatures’
- Attach and associate electronic documents to assets; document the current loan, photograph the condition or attach instructions for use
Real Asset Management’s mobile app enables the accurate tracking of your delivery and collection processes, putting an end to missing assets. Designed with any re-usable asset in mind, such as a container, cylinder, pallet or plastic crate, RAM’s mobile app provides the facility to scan and record the delivery and collection location of assets as well as the condition/status of the item without the need to purchase expensive scanning equipment.
Supported on iOS, Android and Windows Mobile devices, RAM’s intuitive and easy to use app will enable your business to:
- Improve asset rotation rate and tracking
- Increase efficiency by reducing the time spent searching for assets
- Set locations for collection/delivery and manage the whole process
- Apply a status/condition to the items being collected/delivered
- Upload data to the central asset register
- Set your own pick lists for easy data entry, consistency and reduced human error
- Gain online (live) and offline access via the mobile app
- Save time with minimal clicks at each location
- Reduce unnecessary costs for replacing lost assets
Undertaking the exercise of a frequent fixed asset physical audit is crucial in verifying what an organisation actually owns and ensuring the accuracy of related financial records. Combining hand-held devices with RAM’s central asset register, organisations can track asset location and status with minimal cost and resources.
The Asset Tracking Mobile app
RAM's mobile application is supported by the latest technology and is available for use on iOS, Android and Windows smartphones, tablets, etc. Designed for simplicity and utilising existing mobile devices within your organisation, the Asset Tracking solution is available to download via the App store, Google Play or the Windows Phone Store. Just get in touch with RAM so we can provide you with log in details for a trial system.